Your browser is out-of-date! Update your browser to view this website correctly.Update my browser

Karinga Peaberry Pre-order

All

A coffee that's light and delicate in its taste and flavour but maintains a classic Kenyan juicy body. Flavours of cardamom and ginger complement the intense headline orange notes, citrus acidity and fructose sweetness.

Competition Winner

To launch a ninth country into our portfolio, we asked you to pick one of three coffees from Kenya for us to feature first. We had a classically Kenyan Kiaderi and a buttery, blackberry-noted Choronghi coffee up for grabs, but a overwhelming amount of you voted for the most atypical of the lot - the Karinga Peaberry. It’s not Kenyan as we know it, but the juicy orange notes and floral spiced background mean it really deserves its winner status.

About the Area

Karinga Coffee Factory is located in Central Province, Thika District in Ndarugu location of Gatundu Division near Gatundu town. The surrounding area is densely populated with little or no existence of wild animals. The environment is mostly made up of indigenous trees which are well protected by the community.

About the farmers

Karinga Factory was established in 1983 and rests on a 5-acre piece of land serving Kimaruri, Kariungu, Gachuha and Mugalwa villages. Currently it is affiliated to Gitwe Farmers Co-operative Society Ltd. Its membership currently stands at 650 of which 500 are active farmers while 150 are inactive farmers. The most unique aspect of this factory is that it’s located within tea growing zones. The soil is red. The area experiences high bimodal rainfall of about 1500mm p.a. with temperatures ranging between 13-24 degrees Celsius. The long rains fall between March and May, while the short rains come between October and December. The main varieties of coffee grown are SL28, SL34 and Ruiru 11, with SL28 and SL34 accounting for 99% of all coffee produced, while Ruiru 11 accounts for the other 1%.

Delivery

Delivery is currently due for August 2018. We will send you an email confirmation for your order within 72 hours. We'll also prepare your bag to the grind size we have on your account and confirm this in the email. If you'd like to change the grind size, simply reply to that email with your new chosen grind size and we'll update this for you.

Buy a Karinga Peaberry Pre-order

£11.95(free P&P)
1
Like many other sites, we use cookies to ensure you can move around our site and use certain features, and to give you the best experience possible. If you continue without changing your settings we'll assume you are happy to receive them. You'll find more information on this and how to change your cookie settings in our Cookies policy