Frankly, 2020 was a lot more tolerable when the sun stretched the days out for miles and hot summer nights gave us endless opportunities to be outside. When it’s cold, dark and gloomy, it’s the little things that really put a smile on our face. Things like a zing-tastic morning brew, seeing a shiny full moon in the night sky, freshly washed sheets and a homemade Espresso Martini.
With this in mind, we asked our Head of Coffee, Will Corby to share his homemade Espresso Martini recipe so that you can feel the Friday night vibes from the comfort of your living room.
This recipe is a twist on the original and uses a double ristretto (like an espresso but with a shorter shot and less water) paired with Kahlua, vodka and plenty of ice. The combination of acidic coffee with sweet liquor and bitter vodka leads to a gorgeous taste balance we think you’ll love.
How to make Will’s Espresso Martini
- 35ml of good quality vodka
- 18ml of Kahlua
- 20g Pact Fruit and Nut Espresso
- Plenty of ice
- A martini glass
- Espresso machine
- A cocktail shaker (if you don’t have one, a protein shaker will do the trick)
- Half fill your shaker with ice
- Add the Kahlua and vodka
- Make your ristretto using the machine (20g of coffee turned into 30-35ml of ristretto.)
- Pour the ristretto onto the ice, put the lid on and shake it like a polaroid picture. You should shake it pretty enthusiastically for at least 30 secs.
- When you shake it you’ll notice a point when it transforms from cold to extremely cold. At this point take the lid off, strain and swirl through the glass.
Pour, and drink immediately! If you’re feeling fancy, you can garnish with an additional coffee bean or two.